Truck Repair/1992 N14 cummins celect

Question
Hi Jeff, Have a 1992 N14 Cummins celect engine in a ford L-9000
that turns over fine but will not start unless i put power to the fuel pump shut off. Also the there is no input to the accelerator,ie: can not change the speed of engine with the pedal but i can with the cruise control. The yellow engine warning light and red stop engine light come on when i power the fuel pump. Thanks for your help. Mark

Answer
I would start by checking all the fuses to make sure their not blown. there's also a ground fuse should be located around the ecm. you should have a fuse somewhere for the small computer wire coming off your batteries. I would follow that wire and all the way to the ecm. Don't have experience with the ford but with the international they will put a connector for that wire up around the engine and it loses connection. Which won't allow battery power to get to the ecm. Prior to saying that you have a ecm problem best thing to do is check for rubbing wires. With key on you should have 12 volts to the shutoff solenoid. the solenoid grounds through the case and make sure that's the only wire hooked to the solenoid.  

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm