Truck Repair/2001 and 14 Freighliner Century cuts on off while driving or parked

Jeff I have a 2001 n14 Freightliner Century while going down the road or parked or anything all my dash lights light up engine shuts off for a split second and continues on another does it again the 30-40 minutes down the road. then I start my truck and in the morning to warm it up and dinner do the same thing again this morning I was headed to the port and it shut off about 12 times on the way to the port which only 2 miles away so instead of doing this port I headed straight to my mechanic shop I'm just trying to figure out what it maybe they couldn't figure it out yesterday now I need to see if I can find an answer.

Do you just lose your engine or do your headlights and all get lost? I would start by checking your connections at the batteries for tight. You should have a small wire coming off your battery that is the hot wire to your engine ecm. check that wire all the way to the engine. It sounds to me like you have some corrosion somewhere or rubbing something or sometimes they use weather pack connectors and those will lose contact overtime.  

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm

I Can answer any question pertaining to semi trucks and trailers. Have no experience in the automotive field so not able to help in that area.

My experiences in Semi Trucks is. I own my own truck and i presntly maintain a 80 truck fleet. Can handle any questions pertaining to a truck have tore apart and rebuilt every aspect on them. Fleet I deal with is Mainly Volvo trucks and a handful of freightliners. Work on automated transmissions on a daily basis along with carrier apu's. With engines my specialty is the 60 series Detroit but do work on the cummins isx the n-14 and the ism. and also the Volvo engines.

Have a College Degree from university of northwestern ohio in diesel and agriculture mechanics. Have 10 years behind the wheel driving a truck and 4 years working on trucks full time. Also have grown up on a farm so have been tinkering on trucks and tractors all my life.

I've gone through online schooling and have received certificates from webb wheel, Timken and Volvo academy.