Truck Repair/blck smoke

Hi.. I have a 96 ford l9000 dump truck with an m11 celect.. It started to blow out black smoke out of tale pipe . Lot of blck smoke.. More when i have a load on it.. I change the turbo. Adjusted valves n injector j brake as well. New fuel filter. Took off all injector plug one by one n they all miss when umplugged..check for leacks on all air pipe. No fuel in the cilinder missing. Took it to cummins it only has 270hp it should b 330. Put new air filter.. Any help would b great.. Thx

Sounds like you have gone through everything really good. If you can get me the engine serial number I can see if cummins has a troubleshooting steps for it. Black smoke is either lack of air or too much fuel. Appears you have addressed everything on the air side of things. My only thought off the top of my head would be what if the injectors are worn out might be getting some leakage that's not making it to the pan but getting shoved out the tail pipe. The other idea would be if you don't get a quick shot of fuel out the injector but a more slower injection that's not well atomized.

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm

I Can answer any question pertaining to semi trucks and trailers. Have no experience in the automotive field so not able to help in that area.

My experiences in Semi Trucks is. I own my own truck and i presntly maintain a 80 truck fleet. Can handle any questions pertaining to a truck have tore apart and rebuilt every aspect on them. Fleet I deal with is Mainly Volvo trucks and a handful of freightliners. Work on automated transmissions on a daily basis along with carrier apu's. With engines my specialty is the 60 series Detroit but do work on the cummins isx the n-14 and the ism. and also the Volvo engines.

Have a College Degree from university of northwestern ohio in diesel and agriculture mechanics. Have 10 years behind the wheel driving a truck and 4 years working on trucks full time. Also have grown up on a farm so have been tinkering on trucks and tractors all my life.

I've gone through online schooling and have received certificates from webb wheel, Timken and Volvo academy.