Truck Repair/fuel problem

Question
fuel being used from one tank until dry fuel still in other tank 1996 volvo with N14 celect

Answer
you either have a pickup tube in the tank is broke, the fuel line is clogged up, or the most likely problem is follow your lines off the tank it will go to what looks like a T on your crossmember that's a crossover valve should be 2 of them one is return and one is feed. replace both of those. To check for the pickup tube being broke you'd have to drain the fuel down in the tank and shine a flashlight in the tank you'll see where the tube comes down. on those models they welded a brace in the bottom of the tank and over time those braces would break and crack the pickup tube. only way to repair that is to take off the tank and take it to a welding shop they will cut a hole in the tank and fix it then patch the hole back up.

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm