Truck Repair/N14 alternator

On my n14 cummins I can't figure out where the alternator wires hook up at the alternator. I have 4 posts all saying + and one saying BAT, but the positive wire doesn't fit on the BAT post

Your hot wire will go to the battery post. Might have to put on a new end for it. The negative wire will go to the negative terminal if you don't have one can go to the case or one of the mounting bolts. Should be a smaller wire 16 gauge that acts as the exciter wire that goes from the I terminal to the battery positive terminal.

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm

I Can answer any question pertaining to semi trucks and trailers. Have no experience in the automotive field so not able to help in that area.

My experiences in Semi Trucks is. I own my own truck and i presntly maintain a 80 truck fleet. Can handle any questions pertaining to a truck have tore apart and rebuilt every aspect on them. Fleet I deal with is Mainly Volvo trucks and a handful of freightliners. Work on automated transmissions on a daily basis along with carrier apu's. With engines my specialty is the 60 series Detroit but do work on the cummins isx the n-14 and the ism. and also the Volvo engines.

Have a College Degree from university of northwestern ohio in diesel and agriculture mechanics. Have 10 years behind the wheel driving a truck and 4 years working on trucks full time. Also have grown up on a farm so have been tinkering on trucks and tractors all my life.

I've gone through online schooling and have received certificates from webb wheel, Timken and Volvo academy.