Truck Repair/1992 Intl Dump Truck w/ L10 Cummins

I have a 92 international dump truck with the L10 cummins motor. The truck will start sometimes when cold, but if shut off after running it will not start back. Sometimes you can get the motor to start by using ether. Also misses when driving down the road. I have checked the fuel by using the 5 gallon bucket method to get straight fuel to the engine didn't make a difference. I have replaced the fuel filter and solenoid. Do these engines have an adjustable timing? Reason I ask is the main front belt of the engine jumped off early last fall. Hasn't started or ran right since.Any help you may be able to offer would be appreciated.

i can't tell you about the belt 100% i've never worked on the l10 but i would doubt it as far back as i can go diesels have always been timed through gears. Sounds to me like you have injectors bad. Thats probably your miss and if their spraying a good pattern could be your not starting issue too.

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm

I Can answer any question pertaining to semi trucks and trailers. Have no experience in the automotive field so not able to help in that area.

My experiences in Semi Trucks is. I own my own truck and i presntly maintain a 80 truck fleet. Can handle any questions pertaining to a truck have tore apart and rebuilt every aspect on them. Fleet I deal with is Mainly Volvo trucks and a handful of freightliners. Work on automated transmissions on a daily basis along with carrier apu's. With engines my specialty is the 60 series Detroit but do work on the cummins isx the n-14 and the ism. and also the Volvo engines.

Have a College Degree from university of northwestern ohio in diesel and agriculture mechanics. Have 10 years behind the wheel driving a truck and 4 years working on trucks full time. Also have grown up on a farm so have been tinkering on trucks and tractors all my life.

I've gone through online schooling and have received certificates from webb wheel, Timken and Volvo academy.