Truck Repair/n14 cummins engine fan wont shut off

Question
temp. is 180. fan solenoid is working. I am wondering it ac psi switch is working, how to check. I let all Freon out, still fan is on. I had trouble with oil psi sender still not working. cant find out why.thats been 3-4 month ago I run this truck every week runs great. wonder if I have wire harness problem.

Answer
Might also check for a control module that runs it. On Volvo trucks there is a small square module that controls the fan circuit in the engine compartment. I'm taking it that you test the fan solenoid by turning the key on and listening to it kick. No chance of the clutch being stuck is what i'm getting too. If it's in the a/c system it would be in the on/off switch not in the pressure switch. If you want to check your pressure switches. You can bypass them by jumping the plug with a paperclip.

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm