Truck Repair/1998 Int. 8600 Cummings

I took out new batteries from our 1998 Int. 8600 Cummings and replaced with used but good batteries.  The engine turns over great but will not start except with starting fluid.  Never been hard to start before.  I checked fuses but didn't see any concerns.  I know it's not getting fuel, is there a kill switch I'm over looking?  I took pix before removing batteries so pretty sure all is back together OK.

Guessing in a 98 your have a n-14 in it. couple things you can check is make sure you have the small ecm wire hooked to the positive on the battery. Also there should be a fuse in that wire could check it. There's also a ground fuse up by the batteries you could check. After that turn the key in the on position and you should have 12 volts at the fuel shutoff solenoid.

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm

I Can answer any question pertaining to semi trucks and trailers. Have no experience in the automotive field so not able to help in that area.

My experiences in Semi Trucks is. I own my own truck and i presntly maintain a 80 truck fleet. Can handle any questions pertaining to a truck have tore apart and rebuilt every aspect on them. Fleet I deal with is Mainly Volvo trucks and a handful of freightliners. Work on automated transmissions on a daily basis along with carrier apu's. With engines my specialty is the 60 series Detroit but do work on the cummins isx the n-14 and the ism. and also the Volvo engines.

Have a College Degree from university of northwestern ohio in diesel and agriculture mechanics. Have 10 years behind the wheel driving a truck and 4 years working on trucks full time. Also have grown up on a farm so have been tinkering on trucks and tractors all my life.

I've gone through online schooling and have received certificates from webb wheel, Timken and Volvo academy.