Truck Repair/isx eng serial 06R0386556

hi, i have isx 2004.all of a sudden started giving white smoke and shut the engine down. if you start it ,its cranking but not starting. fault codes coming out 482.what might be the problem?
showing engine warning.

According to the code you have low fuel pressure. Might start by unhooking the fuel line out of the pump and see what kind of pressure you have while cranking. If you have none unbolt your pump and there is a plastic drive coupler that sometimes goes bad.  If that is good then your next step would to be get a new pump.

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm

I Can answer any question pertaining to semi trucks and trailers. Have no experience in the automotive field so not able to help in that area.

My experiences in Semi Trucks is. I own my own truck and i presntly maintain a 80 truck fleet. Can handle any questions pertaining to a truck have tore apart and rebuilt every aspect on them. Fleet I deal with is Mainly Volvo trucks and a handful of freightliners. Work on automated transmissions on a daily basis along with carrier apu's. With engines my specialty is the 60 series Detroit but do work on the cummins isx the n-14 and the ism. and also the Volvo engines.

Have a College Degree from university of northwestern ohio in diesel and agriculture mechanics. Have 10 years behind the wheel driving a truck and 4 years working on trucks full time. Also have grown up on a farm so have been tinkering on trucks and tractors all my life.

I've gone through online schooling and have received certificates from webb wheel, Timken and Volvo academy.