Truck Repair/2004 international 9400i

I have an international 9400i which I have no complaints with at all except for.... It's an auto shift and at times likes to get hung up in between 6th & 7th.  I would love to find the problem. Could it have something to do with my batteries,  do I need to find the shifter fuse and pull it to reset where should I begin to find the problem and solve it?

Theres a few problems that makes the autoshift finicky. One make sure your coolant level is full. With international i'm not sure but check for a mini fuse on top of your batteries should be two one is for engine ecm one is for transmission. Pull both out for 10 minutes to reset the computer. If not located there i believe international likes to put their fuse panel in the engine bay. With the problem your having the next step i would go to is there are three sensors 2 of them are in the top plate of the transmission and one on the tail shaft change those out. They might break in the bore so what i do is take a large drill bit and drill them out til the plastic is all ate out of the bore.  

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm

I Can answer any question pertaining to semi trucks and trailers. Have no experience in the automotive field so not able to help in that area.

My experiences in Semi Trucks is. I own my own truck and i presntly maintain a 80 truck fleet. Can handle any questions pertaining to a truck have tore apart and rebuilt every aspect on them. Fleet I deal with is Mainly Volvo trucks and a handful of freightliners. Work on automated transmissions on a daily basis along with carrier apu's. With engines my specialty is the 60 series Detroit but do work on the cummins isx the n-14 and the ism. and also the Volvo engines.

Have a College Degree from university of northwestern ohio in diesel and agriculture mechanics. Have 10 years behind the wheel driving a truck and 4 years working on trucks full time. Also have grown up on a farm so have been tinkering on trucks and tractors all my life.

I've gone through online schooling and have received certificates from webb wheel, Timken and Volvo academy.