Truck Repair/N14 Over Reving

Cummins N14 mechanical, industrial application, engine #475-2100.  Problem with the engine over reving,  it will go from 1500rpm's to 2100rpm's on it's own(that is without the turbo on, it will go from 1800 to 2400+ with turbo installed). Put new injection pump and STC valve on, checked fuel lines and ran off different fuel source, with the same results.  I'm in the process of checking injectors, not sure what else to do.

I've never worked on a generator pack before but from what i know of them. There is something electrical that senses a load to cause the engine to rev up. I would start there. The only thing that would cause an overrev mechanically would be a leaking injector and a blowed turbo feeding the engine on oil but those would cause a runaway situation not just over revved.

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm

I Can answer any question pertaining to semi trucks and trailers. Have no experience in the automotive field so not able to help in that area.

My experiences in Semi Trucks is. I own my own truck and i presntly maintain a 80 truck fleet. Can handle any questions pertaining to a truck have tore apart and rebuilt every aspect on them. Fleet I deal with is Mainly Volvo trucks and a handful of freightliners. Work on automated transmissions on a daily basis along with carrier apu's. With engines my specialty is the 60 series Detroit but do work on the cummins isx the n-14 and the ism. and also the Volvo engines.

Have a College Degree from university of northwestern ohio in diesel and agriculture mechanics. Have 10 years behind the wheel driving a truck and 4 years working on trucks full time. Also have grown up on a farm so have been tinkering on trucks and tractors all my life.

I've gone through online schooling and have received certificates from webb wheel, Timken and Volvo academy.