Truck Repair/oil sending unit

Question
HI Jeff, I have a 1996 paystar 5000 the oil sending unit keeps shutting me down. even if I am only a 1/2 gal. low or less on oil. I check it all the time. I carry 2 gal. in my truck at all times. Have added along the road side more than I care to. I would like to check the sending unit but can not locate it. I would appreciate some help! Thanks Jeff! L.Y.

Answer
Not sure what engine you have probably would guess on a 96 you have a n-14 or a big cam both cummins motors. I believe thats what paystar liked to use in their trucks. Both of them should be on the driver side on the lower side of the block. will be located about half way between the front and rear of the motor and the sensor screws right into the block.

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm