Trucking/Getting into business with F350 SD truck

I am an retiring electrical engineer and have been RV'ing for 33+ years. I see a lot of advice from there is no money in the hauling business to it's a living.

I firmly believe if one works hard and with expert knowledge (hopefully not learned the hard way) a business could be successful.

One person noted to me that my age (71) was not acceptable. I am young at heart, excellent shape and very active with my RV'ing. I have pulled my RV's just about everywhere and all sorts of weather - accident free and ticket free.

Is there a path to using my 2012 Ford 350 Super Duty with a Reese Elite 18K slider fifth wheel hitch for earning a small living - perhaps $1,000 per month net after expenses?

Best regards,

Bob, this business is almost entirely handled by independent contractor / owner operators.
So it's not like trying to get hired by a company, age should not be a factor if you can pass the DOT physical and get a CDL.  You can contract exclusively to one company or freelance.  I suggest you check out this site to get a feel for the business.
Good luck.  Jim

Jim Bowers

Expertise in U.S. Trucking Industry, Solution Development, Pricing issues, Bid process, Negotiations, Costing and Pricing information systems.

30 years. LTL, TL, and Dedicated Pricing programs, Activity Based Costing, Cost modeling.

Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals, Past Board Member, Treasurer, Secretary of Central Florida Roundtable.

BA Marketing, University of South Florida.