You are here:

Trucking/MCS 150


I recently made an application for USDOT and MC# for my newly formed trucking company, I found out that I need to make a correction to the MCS 150 regarding the type of haulage to engage in.

How do I go about that correction? I found out about this when the insurance agent informed me of the need to do so, and I am being told by some individuals that it's impossible to do so once the application is submitted.

Niyi, you can file a corrected MCS 150.  Go to the website:
and the third box down there is an option to update your record.

Existing Registration Updates
  I need to update my USDOT number registration information or file my biennial update(MCS-150).

Hope this works for you.  Jim


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jim Bowers


Expertise in U.S. Trucking Industry, Solution Development, Pricing issues, Bid process, Negotiations, Costing and Pricing information systems.


30 years. LTL, TL, and Dedicated Pricing programs, Activity Based Costing, Cost modeling.

Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals, Past Board Member, Treasurer, Secretary of Central Florida Roundtable.

BA Marketing, University of South Florida.

©2017 All rights reserved.