Trucking/Do i need a broker authority

Question
Hello ,
I am a young entrepreneur starting my own trucking company. I have one truck with a trailer and i was wondering do i just need my common carrier authority or do i need my broker authority aswell in order to book my truck for loads using a load board i found online? I was under the impression i just needed my common carrier authority and i can start booking loads? Please help?

Answer
Nisi, you only need broker authority in the US if you are arranging transportation for a fee.
In other words you are the middleman between the shipper and the actual carrier.  Common or Contract carrier authority is for carriers with trucks.  I don't know the regulations in Canada.
JIM.

Trucking

Jim Bowers