Trucking/weight

Question
What is the legal weight I can haul with a 3 / 4 ton 4 x4 truck and trailer

Answer
Charles;

There is no way I can tell from the information you supplied.

First , you asked what the truck can haul.  Haul to me means how much weight can you put IN the truck and still be legal.  That would be the difference between the empty weight and the gross vehicle weight rating ( found on your registration card).  Most 3/4 ton trucks can haul about 3/4 ton.  But what you cant ignore is that passengers and fuel counts against this total weight.

If you mean how much weight can I tow, that is based on your specific truck.

I would need to know the make , model, year, engine, rear end gear ratio and transmission type.  This may also be in your owners manual but a lot of times, the owners manual covers a lot of truck types 1/2 , 3/4 and 1 ton in the same book.   And you would still need to know the rear end ration ( this gearing can make a HUGE difference).

Andy  

Trucking

Andy Blair