Trucking/dump trucks

Question
I asked a question and I'm Just waiting on a response I'm trying to find out how to get loads for a dump truck.  Class A weight and I'm getting my own Authority

Answer
Tim;

You have a couple of options with this.  

1.  You can lease yourself out to another company and work under their DOT authority.  That way you don't have to get your own operating authority.  Your truck would say something like  leased to John Smith Trucking. USDOT 123456.  You would of course remain an owner operator but would be operating under the other persons authority.  Some companies will do this and some won't.  You would have to look for ads seeking owner operators.   This also puts on them the burden of maintaining a driver qualification file and vehicle maintenance files.  

2.  You can get your own operating authority and truly work for others as an independent contractor.  You work for another company but you end up being responsible for all of your own company paperwork and records.  You will get paid more but with that comes more responsibility.

Some companies will only hire you if you have your own authority.  Others will allow you to lease on.  Newspaper, Craigslist, jobs.com , a local quarry or freight company are all places to look.  You can also ask someone you see who has " leased to ______________" on the side of their truck. They have already done that part and can be a good resource.

If you are willing to work, have a truck indecent shape and are reliable....you will find yourself as a valuable commodity.   

Sorry for the delay, life and work has just been a bit crazy the past few days.

Andy  

Trucking

Andy Blair