Trumpet/Holton T602 Serial Number 939264

Joe wrote at 2014-01-08 10:46:00
The Holton T-602 is an extremely well designed trumpet that has continued in it's current design for 40+ years.  There was a time in the past when Holton outsourced its production to the Yamaha company of Japan. Those horns are marked as (T-602) R or RC, which indicate their build in the R.epublic of C.hina . The latest examples of this model initially added the letter P to indicate the  addition of a first valve slide, later dropping the P but retaining the 1st valve saddle slide.  With the additional slide its value to the student increased and although not marketed as an intermediate, it is all that the average student will require until and often through their high school years.  The Holton name is not as recognized as many of the brands such as King which is owned by the same corporation and offers the same basic horn under a different name...yet has a higher resale value.  In very good to excellent condition, with a well done spread on eBay, it is possible to get as much as $200  for the horn.  However, around $100.00 IS the common average expectation. as  

Vikrant Singh Badwal

I can answer question about trumpet playing techniques and general musicianmanship. I have great insight on the characteristics of good trumpet playing. I can answer questions that cover good tone, expanding range, sustaining endurance, and breakdown practice techniques. I can also answer questions about trumpet maintenance and small repairs applicable to brass instrumentation. I can also discuss general brass playing techniques. Since, I recently graduated from college, I am not able to answer questions that are in the post-university level of this genre.

15 years of playing trumpet-from elementary school to college graduation. 1 year of playing fluegelhorn. 1 quarter of playing baritone horn. 1 season of bass drum in percussion ensemble.

Cal Poly Mustang Marching Band- 7 seasons Cal Poly Mustang Pep Band- 5 seasons Cal Poly Wind Orchestra/Ensembles- 6 years Cal Poly Brass Ensembles- 3 years Cal Poly University Jazz Band- 1 year IHS Cavalry Marching Band- 4 seasons IHS Symphonic Band- 3 years IHS Jazz Band- 2 years

B.S. Electrical Engineering, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo 2.5 years of private trumpet lessons. Collegiate musician in jazz, pep, marching, wind orchestra and brass ensembles. High school musician in jazz, marching, and symphonies.

Cal Poly Mustang Marching Band- Lead Drill Designer- 5 years Cal Poly Wind Orchestra- Principal Trumpet- 2 years IHS Jazz Band- Lead Trumpet- 1 year IHS Cavalry Marching Band- Co-Section Leader- 1 season