Trumpet/trumpet question

Euph guy wrote at 2009-05-05 13:35:56
As a band director of 20 years, I'm going to disagree with the previous answer. Brand IS everything. Unless you're looking for a step-up or pro horn, which you are not, you in fact CAN just walk in and pick up any trumpet that's a great brand and be good to go. Usually, a used "good" brand is better than a New not good brand, but in that case, you would want to check out the instrument.

I personally have had great success with: Yamaha, Holton, Jupiter, Besson, Bach, & Conn. There are more but here's a good start. Don't forget that you get what you pay for.

Nedink wrote at 2012-11-25 13:00:28
The quality of ALL Chinese instruments is ascending. Many Factories are ISO 9001 - meaning they meet stringent quality control standards. Witness the rise of the most excellent Jupiter and Andreas Eastman trumpets.  The Venus horns are also superb - very well crafted. I know because I've played them - and for this 'expert' to pass judgement on them with no experience? the kindest thing I can say about him is that he's  talking blah-blah

Vikrant Singh Badwal

I can answer question about trumpet playing techniques and general musicianmanship. I have great insight on the characteristics of good trumpet playing. I can answer questions that cover good tone, expanding range, sustaining endurance, and breakdown practice techniques. I can also answer questions about trumpet maintenance and small repairs applicable to brass instrumentation. I can also discuss general brass playing techniques. Since, I recently graduated from college, I am not able to answer questions that are in the post-university level of this genre.

15 years of playing trumpet-from elementary school to college graduation. 1 year of playing fluegelhorn. 1 quarter of playing baritone horn. 1 season of bass drum in percussion ensemble.

Cal Poly Mustang Marching Band- 7 seasons Cal Poly Mustang Pep Band- 5 seasons Cal Poly Wind Orchestra/Ensembles- 6 years Cal Poly Brass Ensembles- 3 years Cal Poly University Jazz Band- 1 year IHS Cavalry Marching Band- 4 seasons IHS Symphonic Band- 3 years IHS Jazz Band- 2 years

B.S. Electrical Engineering, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo 2.5 years of private trumpet lessons. Collegiate musician in jazz, pep, marching, wind orchestra and brass ensembles. High school musician in jazz, marching, and symphonies.

Cal Poly Mustang Marching Band- Lead Drill Designer- 5 years Cal Poly Wind Orchestra- Principal Trumpet- 2 years IHS Jazz Band- Lead Trumpet- 1 year IHS Cavalry Marching Band- Co-Section Leader- 1 season