Trumpet/LONDON BESSON 1000

DenniK wrote at 2014-04-15 04:12:19
the "expert" answer here is not correct. He says that Bessons are made in either England or India.  The Besson 1000 is manufactured in America by Kanstul.  Indian Bessons made by a completely different company and are junk at best. one way to tell the Indian Besson from a real Besson is to look at what's engraved on the bell of the horn. Indian Bessons are marked "Bessons" while the real Besson is marked "Besson" (without the 's", or "F. Besson".  The company is now based in England. They make everything from student horns, to intermediate to pro models. New prices can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars.

In the above case, the "Besson 1000" is priced about right at $400 if in good shape.  

Trumpet

Gene Ramsay