Trumpet/trumpet id year type

Stefan Ko. wrote at 2010-07-20 22:52:49
Hi there, my Line 800 Cornet dates from 1965. The serial# is 32438. So the trumpet in question is from after '65 ... if that helps.

Regards, Stefan

Mrbrassboss wrote at 2013-02-27 03:15:36
My first trumpet was a hüttl line 700. It was really beat up and I assume it was from the 50. My dad has an old strad so I've played my share of great trumpets but I have to to say that the work a ship on the hüttl is truly wonderful. If I had to price it on based on my experience, I would put it between $800 and $1000. I actually like it so much that I having it put through an overhaul right now with full silver plating. It's totall worth it for that horn. On top of that, as far as I know, the line 700 was the student model so that just shows you how good the horns really were. Hope this helps.  

Frankie Bull (Mr.)

Almost anything to do with trumpets.

I have been playing trumpet for over 50 years and teaching for the last 20. I own a Bach Mercedes and a Jupiter pocket trumpet. I also have very good connections in the retail industry, particularly with Largo trumpets. I also play trombone, keyboards, alto and tenor sax.

Professional Diploma in Music. Level Nine - Multi-instrumentalist Level Eight - Piano (The above qualifications are ewith the Australian Guild of Music)

Currently teaching as a private tutor in a number of schools within the Fleurieu Peninsula of South Australia. This year I have students doing A.M.E.B. Grade four