Shoezel wrote at 2015-05-29 22:07:05
Excellent answer! I just purchased a Weimar trumpet sight unseen for a specific project - it was very cheap so I wasn't too concerned about its quality - BUT I would advise any trumpet player, new or somewhat advanced, to NOT buy one of these pieces of junk! I am an old Olds player and afficionado, and would recommend a good used Olds, Conn, Yamaha, or student level Bach, as a very good student horn that will last you well into college or even as a second horn after you get good enough to play and appreciate a really good horn such as a Bach Stradavarious, upper level Yamaha, or other professional horn.

Mike Pawul

I am familiar with most trumpets, cornets, and flugelhorns. I can answer most questions about playing and musicality. Best of all, if I can't answer it directly I play regularly in several bands and have many "old timers" that are familiar with most things that I am not. I collect, repair, and refinish old and new horns and have sold over 1700 with more than 900 on ebay

I have played since 1965 and studied with many directors and trumpeters. I have been collecting since 2002 and have over 150 horns in my personal collection. I have done repair and refinsh since 2003 and have done work on over 2500 horns.

Kosair Shrine Brass Band and Dance Band, The Notables, The New Tones, Bourbon City Brass Band, River Cities Concert Band, Derby City Brass Band, University of Louisville Community Band, Member of Trumpet Players International Network (TPIN), Bugles Across America (BAA), Member of the National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians (NAPBIRT)

I played at Brunswick High School. I played through college and have a BS in Business Administration from Trinity College. Of course, I am still learning from all my friends that play and work on trumpets around the world.

Without being vain, numerous awards and have played in several honor bands.