Trumpet/Cross Over Mouthpieces

Question
Hi Mike,

Here i go again. I would like to know the meaning of a cross over Mouthpiece. I just purchased a Curry 1.5 DE and it seems to have all the qualities i am looking for. It plays Like A 3C. Do you know anything about these pieces and is it good for orchestra and solo playing. I have been fighting with my mouthpieces . I have a Wedge Plastic B3C and Austin custom Brass 3B and there are some things i like about each mouthpiece but dosent have all the qualities of the Curry. I am trying to get off this Mouthpiece Safari. So what Do you think?

Answer
Raymond, I am a firm believer that you have to feel comfortable with what you are playing. If you think the DE is what you like then go with it. I know some teachers suggest matching style of play with a particular model, but I don't subscribe to that theory. Stop switching and start doing the work to develop your sound and endurance on the DE.  

Trumpet

Mike Pawul