Trumpet/Eb/D Trumpet F. Besson MEHA (Kanstul)

Dear Mike,

I have recently obtained the above-mentioned trumpet, SN: 9698, and I'm having trouble finding information about it, ie. age, technical specs, etc. Can you help me or refer me to a site where I could research such information? It would be nice to know what I'm playing (bore size, valve material, etc.). I believe the horn was manufactured after the year 2000(?).

Thanks in advance!

Dana, Here is their website:

Use the contact page and ask them about the horn.

If it has the Kanstul name on it then it was made by them for B&H. They are fine players and made quite well. Since they don't publish their numbers I can't give you the exact date made.

Mike Pawul

I am familiar with most trumpets, cornets, and flugelhorns. I can answer most questions about playing and musicality. Best of all, if I can't answer it directly I play regularly in several bands and have many "old timers" that are familiar with most things that I am not. I collect, repair, and refinish old and new horns and have sold over 1700 with more than 900 on ebay

I have played since 1965 and studied with many directors and trumpeters. I have been collecting since 2002 and have over 150 horns in my personal collection. I have done repair and refinsh since 2003 and have done work on over 2500 horns.

Kosair Shrine Brass Band and Dance Band, The Notables, The New Tones, Bourbon City Brass Band, River Cities Concert Band, Derby City Brass Band, University of Louisville Community Band, Member of Trumpet Players International Network (TPIN), Bugles Across America (BAA), Member of the National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians (NAPBIRT)

I played at Brunswick High School. I played through college and have a BS in Business Administration from Trinity College. Of course, I am still learning from all my friends that play and work on trumpets around the world.

Without being vain, numerous awards and have played in several honor bands.