Trumpet/Olds Horn

HI,  I found ( at goodwill) an "Olds" Trumpet. I believe it's a tri-color or [perhaps 2 colors ( has a patina that I don't want to disturb) Serial # 279391. Says on the bell "Olds Special, FE Olds and Son, Fullerton Calif.  Any info you can help with?  (I paid $15, including the suitcase and sheet music. It is missing two valves.
THanks a bunch
Chandler, Az

Sylvana, The Special was an upgrade to the student level Ambassador trumpet. The bell is nickel and the end, or flair, is rose brass. The horn was made in early 1959 and looks to still be in good shape. However, without the missing valves it is not able to be played. So the value drops considerably due to that. To a repairman it still has some value but still would be worth less than $100.

Mike Pawul

I am familiar with most trumpets, cornets, and flugelhorns. I can answer most questions about playing and musicality. Best of all, if I can't answer it directly I play regularly in several bands and have many "old timers" that are familiar with most things that I am not. I collect, repair, and refinish old and new horns and have sold over 1700 with more than 900 on ebay

I have played since 1965 and studied with many directors and trumpeters. I have been collecting since 2002 and have over 150 horns in my personal collection. I have done repair and refinsh since 2003 and have done work on over 2500 horns.

Kosair Shrine Brass Band and Dance Band, The Notables, The New Tones, Bourbon City Brass Band, River Cities Concert Band, Derby City Brass Band, University of Louisville Community Band, Member of Trumpet Players International Network (TPIN), Bugles Across America (BAA), Member of the National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians (NAPBIRT)

I played at Brunswick High School. I played through college and have a BS in Business Administration from Trinity College. Of course, I am still learning from all my friends that play and work on trumpets around the world.

Without being vain, numerous awards and have played in several honor bands.