Trumpet/Trumpet with dents on the horn

Hello I am wanting to sell a King 600 Trumpet that my son used in High School. I leased it and eventually ended up buying the trumpet. The horn has a couple dents in it. Nothing crazy, just small dents and it doesn't seem to be affecting the sound. How much does it cost to have those banged out and what would you price it at with the dents that are on it? Serial#825905
Thank you for your time!

Well, "a couple" and small, if they're not in hard-to-reach places might cost around $50, but that can vary a lot.

Unfortunately, King 600 trumpets don't sell for a whole lot used. Looking at completed ebay listings, some have sold for as little as $35, and rarely get much above $100. If the condition is really good, it might go for more but not much more.

Sorry I couldn't give you better news. Instead of selling it, you might consider donating it and deducting from your taxes.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.