Trumpet/Vintage trumpet / Coronet

I have a very old Cavalier silver over brass model 90.  I believe it's  a coronet but it looks a lot like a trumpet.   The serial number on it is  05216  I am hoping to discover it's exact age and approx. value.  It has no dents, appears to be original mouthpiece and original case.  a friends grandfather played in what he called an "ummpah" band in the late 30's so I know it's that old.  He said his grandpa wasn't rich so he likely bought it second hand.   
The main pipe goes from the mouthpiece to the 3rd key.    
Not sure what else I can tell you.  I know it's not a terribly valuable piece, I'm just interested in values as much as everything else.  It plays quite well still, I played a coronet when I was in school back in the 70's.  
If you like, I can send you photographs in email.

Thank you kindly for your help.  

Frank Dodge

Frank, The 90A model has a very noticeable feature that makes it easy to recognize. It has a pig tail crook coming out of the first valve connecting it to the bell section. They are good players and have a nice sound. The serial dates it to 1924 and would be the first year of production. They aren't terribly rare and don't get a lot of attention by collectors. But it still is worth between $100-250 depending on wear to the valves and playability.

Mike Pawul

I am familiar with most trumpets, cornets, and flugelhorns. I can answer most questions about playing and musicality. Best of all, if I can't answer it directly I play regularly in several bands and have many "old timers" that are familiar with most things that I am not. I collect, repair, and refinish old and new horns and have sold over 1700 with more than 900 on ebay

I have played since 1965 and studied with many directors and trumpeters. I have been collecting since 2002 and have over 150 horns in my personal collection. I have done repair and refinsh since 2003 and have done work on over 2500 horns.

Kosair Shrine Brass Band and Dance Band, The Notables, The New Tones, Bourbon City Brass Band, River Cities Concert Band, Derby City Brass Band, University of Louisville Community Band, Member of Trumpet Players International Network (TPIN), Bugles Across America (BAA), Member of the National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians (NAPBIRT)

I played at Brunswick High School. I played through college and have a BS in Business Administration from Trinity College. Of course, I am still learning from all my friends that play and work on trumpets around the world.

Without being vain, numerous awards and have played in several honor bands.