Trumpet/York 75 Trumpet or Cornet?

Question
York 75
York 75  
I recently bought a York 75 Trumpet (or maybe cornet) It came in a nice York case and has a bunch of extra stuff - - the thing is i have no idea what its age or value is or where to find that out. I have a serial # 634462 and tried to use that to find the age but came up short. Any tips or thoughts?

I'm not a trumpet person I was antiquing with my mom this week in Arizona and this caught my eye. I figured maybe Ill turn around and sell it or perhaps hold on to it and use it for display or something. In any event, I appreciate any help - as I mentioned the case had a bunch of stuff - a silver cone (maybe to muzzle sound?) - a mouthpiece that says vincent bach 7c - some cleaning stuff and a few music books (copyright 1992/1993) the handwriting in the book looks like  a young girls so I assume this isn't a rare lost $1,000,000 trumpet, but likely a starter trumpet? Any information you may have as to age or value of the piece would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Answer
Saul, You have a cornet that was made for the 75th anniversary of York Musical Instruments. It is a student model and was made in 1966 or so. The horn isn't rare and as a student instrument it is not worth a lot. In the shape it looks to be in it should sell somewhere around $100. The cone is called a straight mute and gives the horn a quieter and buzzy sound.

Trumpet

Mike Pawul