Trumpet/York 75 Trumpet or Cornet?

Question
I recently bought a York 75 Trumpet (or maybe cornet) It came in a nice York case and has a bunch of extra stuff - - the thing is i have no idea what its age or value is or where to find that out. I have a serial # 634462 and tried to use that to find the age but came up short. Any tips or thoughts?

I'm not a trumpet person I was antiquing with my mom this week in Arizona and this caught my eye. I figured maybe Ill turn around and sell it or perhaps hold on to it and use it for display or something. In any event, I appreciate any help - the case had a bunch of stuff - a silver cone (maybe to muzzle sound?) - a mouthpiece that says vincent bach 7c - some cleaning stuff and a few music books (copyright 1992/1993) the handwriting in the book looks like  a young girls so I assume this isn't a rare lost $1,000,000 trumpet, but likely a starter trumpet?

Thanks in advance

Answer
The serial number you mention implies it's a modern horn using the York name in an attempt assume quality. The "silver cone" is almost certainly an aluminum straight mute.

You're right, it's not worth a whole lot, and I hope you paid less than the $100 it's worth. My recommendation would be to find a local school and donate it so a student who can't afford a horn can use it to learn on. Deduct purchase price from your taxes and an eager kid can learn to play.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger