Trumpet/Bach trumpet

I have had a trumpet of my father's since he passed away 18 years ago. It is a 1930 Stradivarius model Faciebat Anno. My father used to play with some of the Big Bands in those days.  I am just trying to see what it is worth and where I would sell it.

Thank you for your time.

Michael, The early Bach horns do well in resale. Have the horn checked out by a music repair person and they can give you the overall condition issues on it. Without seeing the horn I can only give you a broad range of $500-2000 based on the wear and overall condition of the valves and slides.

Once you get an idea of condition let me know and I can give you a few ideas on pricing it. Then I would suggest listing it on the Trumpet Herald or Trumpet Master websites. They get the most looks for the vintage Bach horns.

Mike Pawul

I am familiar with most trumpets, cornets, and flugelhorns. I can answer most questions about playing and musicality. Best of all, if I can't answer it directly I play regularly in several bands and have many "old timers" that are familiar with most things that I am not. I collect, repair, and refinish old and new horns and have sold over 1700 with more than 900 on ebay

I have played since 1965 and studied with many directors and trumpeters. I have been collecting since 2002 and have over 150 horns in my personal collection. I have done repair and refinsh since 2003 and have done work on over 2500 horns.

Kosair Shrine Brass Band and Dance Band, The Notables, The New Tones, Bourbon City Brass Band, River Cities Concert Band, Derby City Brass Band, University of Louisville Community Band, Member of Trumpet Players International Network (TPIN), Bugles Across America (BAA), Member of the National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians (NAPBIRT)

I played at Brunswick High School. I played through college and have a BS in Business Administration from Trinity College. Of course, I am still learning from all my friends that play and work on trumpets around the world.

Without being vain, numerous awards and have played in several honor bands.