Trumpet/Researching an Elkhorn (div of Getzen) Trumpet

Question
Elkhorn (Getzen) Trumpet
Elkhorn (Getzen) Trump  
Hi! I purchased an older model trumpet a few years ago for about $100 (decent shape/playable) and I've tried researching it a few times but can't much info regarding age, model, quality, worth. The bell says 'Elkhorn. a div of Getzen. Elkhorn, Wis.' The outside of 2nd valve has the # 94653. It looks like older brass (natural patina showing in places). Some online searching led me to think this trumpet is from the 1940's but its hard finding detailed info on 'Elkhorn Getzen trumpets'. I'm interested to know its estimated age/background, about this particular model and its worth. Thank you!

Answer
Jen, The horn was made in the late 1950's to very early 1960's before the fire that burned down the Getzen factory in 1963. The Elkhorn was a stripped down version of the 90 Deluxe. It is a student model and is built solid. They were designed to take a lot of abuse since students tend to have many accidents with their horns. They aren't terribly rare and sell in the $100-200 range.

Trumpet

Mike Pawul