Trumpet/Martin trumpet

Chris Holtz wrote at 2012-04-24 00:40:29
Dear Owner,

You might punch up the following webpage which speaks specifically about Martin and The Indiana Band Instrument Co.

http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?175073-A-Bit-of-Martin-Family-Histor

My grandfather joined Martin in 1921 and was president from 1931-1948.   Your horn is of 1955 vintage.  There is indeed a serialnumber list on TheMartinStory.net website.  

Head2wind wrote at 2012-12-04 06:46:58
wrong...wrong...and wrong....

Your horn was made in 1955 by the Martin Band Instrument Co (my Grandad was head of the firm) who produced some of the finest and most highly prized trumpets ever made.

Martin (my grandad and the owner) created the Indiana Band Instrument Company in late 1928 as a wholly owned subsidiary.  They used yesterdays top-of-the-line products reborn to market at a lower price than current premium horns.  This widened their market.   The term 'student horn' didn't happen til decades latter when in the 60's, sales were diminishing throughout the industry and babyboomer schools became a target market.   We own several INDIANAs including a 1949 trumpet and a 1938 version.   Indiana horns after 1942 carry the 'Indiana by Martin' logo while earlier horns have the IBICO engraving.  

Trumpet

Mike Pawul