Trumpet/Selmer Coronet made in France

David Craun wrote at 2013-02-17 22:36:46
I have a 60's model French Selmer cornet.  I was told by a professional horn player that the right person might buy it for several thousand dollars if I would leave the original lacquered finish on it.  It is a modified K series which has the mellowness of a cornet but flow of a trumpet.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.