Trumpet/Indiana Elkhardt Ind. Trumpet

Head2wind wrote at 2012-12-04 06:23:22
It would not be an Indiana.   They have distinctive engraving and serial numbers from 1027 (1929) to 87850 (1962).   Martin did not purchase the firm....they created it in late 1928 and ran Indiana horns on the same line as their premium horns.   My Grandad was head of Martin Band Instruments.  

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.