Trumpet/1894 Distin Cornet

Question
I have aquired a 1894 (I believe) Distin cornet. The front reads...Bartlett Bros. Sole Agent? The number on the bell is 11534. It has a few minor dents and needs to be restored, but it is functional. I was hoping you could tell me more about this piece and what it might be worth? Thank you

Answer
Stacy, I am not sure what you have. Does it say Distin on the bell, or just the store? By saying it is functional you make it sound like it needs a lot of work. If so, then the value is most likely under $50, unless it has the Distin name on it. Then maybe $100-150 depending on how much work it needs.

Trumpet

Mike Pawul