Trumpet/Lorenzo Sansone horn

I found a Lorenzo Sansone marked horn in a case. It appears to have been plated in a silver color, which is wearing off in areas. It has 2 mouth pieces in the case. It is marked Lorenzo Sansone, New York, USA, which is in script. The case has "US" on it as does the horn, so I assume it may be military(?). The serial number is 52333. I have no use for this and would like to know if it has any worth while value. Thanks so much.

Ralph, The horn is a stencil that was made for the military. It isn't a well known name and could have been made by a few different companies.But since it is military use it still has a slight value of between $50-150 depending on the wear to the finish and valves.

Mike Pawul

I am familiar with most trumpets, cornets, and flugelhorns. I can answer most questions about playing and musicality. Best of all, if I can't answer it directly I play regularly in several bands and have many "old timers" that are familiar with most things that I am not. I collect, repair, and refinish old and new horns and have sold over 1700 with more than 900 on ebay

I have played since 1965 and studied with many directors and trumpeters. I have been collecting since 2002 and have over 150 horns in my personal collection. I have done repair and refinsh since 2003 and have done work on over 2500 horns.

Kosair Shrine Brass Band and Dance Band, The Notables, The New Tones, Bourbon City Brass Band, River Cities Concert Band, Derby City Brass Band, University of Louisville Community Band, Member of Trumpet Players International Network (TPIN), Bugles Across America (BAA), Member of the National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians (NAPBIRT)

I played at Brunswick High School. I played through college and have a BS in Business Administration from Trinity College. Of course, I am still learning from all my friends that play and work on trumpets around the world.

Without being vain, numerous awards and have played in several honor bands.