Trumpet/New York Bach Lyre

Question
Lyre holder?
Lyre holder?  
Hi Mike,
 I'm the proud new owner of a New York Bach Sradivarius built on June 5th 1944. It has what appears to be a factory installed lyre holder on the 3rd valve slide just in front of the slide ring. At first I thought it was some kind of grease fitting because it has a screw off cap. Two things, is this rare and do you know where I might find a lyre? I'm attaching a picture. Thanks

Answer
Dave, Your horn looks to be in good shape. I would have a sonic clean done on and have them look at the spot on the tuning slide. The fitting is a lyre holder. Bach had a lyre that was straight and had a screw on the base to hold it on the horn. I haven't seen one in a while but I am sure there are some floating around out there. I would ask if anyone has one on the Trumpet Herald, or Trumpet Master websites.

Trumpet

Mike Pawul