Trumpet/york corenett

This corenett has York Rapid  City Michigan USA. can't find a serial number but it has patient applied for 103851. Can you find out age. Our family lived in Grand Rapid Michigan 100 years ago.

Actually, that IS the serial number. A patent number is not assigned until the patent is approved.

1931 is the manufacture year, according to this list:

There is some uncertainty of information with York instruments, but your cornet was a professional-quality instrument when it was made.  

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.