Trumpet/1979 King 2001 Silver Flair

Question
I played this horn in High School and College and it is in excellent shape except some finish is off around the valves. Would tHis require a full refinish and if so does it diminish the value?

Secondly, what should I expect to pay to have it refinished to new condition and can you recommend someone to do it?

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Answer
Thomas, Any time a silver plated horn shows wear it is very hard to have someone "spot plate" it. So the silver plate needs to be redone over the whole horn. Wear to the silver does hurt the value but not to a great extent, but re-plating it brings the value back up. The 2001 is a very good player and a pro quality horn. So it is worth having done over at a shop. I used to suggest a plater in West Virginia but due to problems with several of his customers I no long suggest him. My best source is Anderson Plating in Elkhart Indiana. They do great work and have good pricing.  

Trumpet

Mike Pawul