Trumpet/"All-American Made" Trumpet

Question
Side
Side  

Logo
Logo  
I was looking to buy a trumpet to fix up and play. I cam across this

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/msg/4146606048.html

Is it worth buying? Is it a fair price for an instrument that is 70 or 80 years old? How do I even know if that's a good brand? I can't find any information on them anywhere!

Answer
I can't find any information on them, either. It certainly looks interesting. In the end, though, the only real test of any trumpet, whether it's a well-known brand for $2000 or something unknown for $70, is to play it. It's a reasonable price for something unknown. As long as it sounds good and the valves are tight, there's no reason you couldn't play it.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger