Trumpet/(DEG) Caravelle pro trumpet

Hello Sir,
I found this trumpet in a garage sale with SN#300322.
my question is: May I know what year this trumpet manufactured?

No known serial number list exists for DEG instruments. The best I can do for you is tell you that DEG Music Products started in business in 1965, so it can't be before that. They didn't produce many of their horns themselves, so that serial number can't be used necessarily to extrapolate further.

I'm sorry I could not be more help.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.