Trumpet/Liberty King Trumpet

I have my father's last trumpet in the original case. I remember as a child that he went to Cleveland to purchase it. We was a semi professional trumpet player
Serial number on the second valve is 388590
On the horn are the numbers 2 B
Looks like silver and brass with mother of pearl tops on the valves.
Any idea of what this might be worth ?

You have King Liberty 2B model. The serial number implies manufacture between 1960 and 1965. There is some interest in King Liberties, but they do not command very high prices. Condition means everything, so the best I can do for you on value is about $100 to $200. For the right person in the right place, perhaps a bit more.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.