Trumpet/Liberty King Trumpet

Question
I have my father's last trumpet in the original case. I remember as a child that he went to Cleveland to purchase it. We was a semi professional trumpet player
Serial number on the second valve is 388590
On the horn are the numbers 2 B
Looks like silver and brass with mother of pearl tops on the valves.
Any idea of what this might be worth ?

Answer
You have King Liberty 2B model. The serial number implies manufacture between 1960 and 1965. There is some interest in King Liberties, but they do not command very high prices. Condition means everything, so the best I can do for you on value is about $100 to $200. For the right person in the right place, perhaps a bit more.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger