Trumpet/New Yorker Cornet

Question
The New Yorker cornet
The New Yorker cornet  
Hi! Me again. I recently got a "The New Yorker" cornet on eBay. After a bit of cleaning and a little gentle tinkering, the valves work smoothly and the slides all freed up. Plays nicely, has a good, solidly built feel to it. I was just curious if you knew anything about who actually made it and roughly when it might have been made? (Gretsch, maybe?)The receiver shows "Czechoslovakia" divided into two words, second one under the first. No other markings on it except engraving on the bell. "Store line" of a horn, possibly? Horn-U-Copia doesn't say much about it.  Thankee!

Answer
Bill, It is a store generic name used in the US. There were dozens of companies making these for sale here before WWII. The horn dates between 1920 and 1946 but it is hard to tell which company made it. I have dozens of them and the majority of them were made by Bohland and Fuchs. There were several other makers in the region that did generic horns. Also Couesnon had a plant there and did a lot of generic horns too. Since records don't exist anymore it is very hard to get the true origin.

Trumpet

Mike Pawul