Trumpet/old cornet with problems

Question
hello Thomas,
today I came across a very old cornet with no serial numbers, markings, or a brand,but very similar to a Marceau cornet. I am guessing it was made in the late 1800's. The cornet is missing the 3rd valve sadly, about how much with it be to remake a valve, or buy another, and would this cornet would this trumpet be worth repairing.
Thank you very much,
Corey.

Answer
The answer to your question is, almost certainly no. A very old cornet likely plays in high pitch, and we use low pitch (A=440Hz) today. A new piston with stem, caps, etc, can be made but you're talking about hundreds of dollars for a cornet that you couldn't use anyways.

Since there's no sentimental value, you're better off not bothering.

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger