Trumpet/replacing valves

Hello recently i came across a very old cornet missing the 3rd valve in it. i was wondering what will be the cost to replace the third valve or possibly all 3 of them.
thank you very much,

Replacing valves is something that will be very expensive because the valve has to be created from nothing and then fit to the cornet. I wouldn't be surprised to find the cost to fit three new valves to be about $1000. Your "very old cornet" is likely worth about $50.  

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.