Trumpet/Buescher Trumpet value

Question
Buescher True Tone Trumpet
Buescher True Tone Tru  
I volunteer at a non profit thrift shop and a recent donation brought to us is a Buescher True Tone Trumpet LP 9, serial number #195279.  It is relatively good condition, a few dents and some tarnish, but it appears to me anyway, that is has retained its original silver finish.  There are three original mouth pieces and the music holder as well as the piece you use to accomplish other sounds.  (I don't know what that is called).  I will attach pictures, but was hoping you could give us an idea what to ask for it?  We don't like to insult our donors by "giving things away" and it seems this is a very nice instrument, especially with all the things I have read about it.  However, nothing really states what the value of such Trumpet is.  

Thank you,
Julie Condrin
ACT II Thrift Shop
Madison, CT

Answer
The music holder piece is called a lyre and the other piece is a straight mute. All in all, a nearly-complete kit; this horn would also have come with an adapter to use a cornet mouthpiece.

The mouthpiece that looks different isn't original; it would have come with two, which you appear to have.

The serial number places manufacture at 1925. Condition is good but not amazing. On ebay, this horn might sell for around a hundred dollars; the newer horns are more popular because modern mouthpieces don't work so well with this horn.

You might consider pricing it $50 to $75.

Good luck with your sale!

Trumpet

Thomas Krueger