Trumpet/King Tempo Trumpet SN 664843 Value?

I am sending pictures of a King Tempo Trumpet, SN 664843, and would appreciate your input concerning its approximate value in the shape it is now.  Also, what is the age of the Trumpet?  

It really needs cleaned up; however, I do not know anything about how to clean the instrument.  This was used by my daughter in High School.  

I have its original case you can see in the picture.

That serial number implies manufacture about 1976. As for value, since you have it listed on ebay, whatever the final bid is, is what it's worth.

Also, since you are selling it on ebay, send it the way it is and let the buyer deal with any cleaning. You can do damage with improper cleaning that will cause issues with the buyer, so it's best to just let it alone.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.