Trumpet/trumpet value

I have a Selmer trumpet that was purchased when in high school 1970. It still plays well as I play every week. I did have it relaquered about 12 years ago. I purchased another case but I still have the old one in storage.Trumpet serial #47699. No dents but a few worn areas. Would like to get it relaquered again but would that hurt or help th value.If I should, could you recommend someojne for this. I am in the south jersey area. Don't plan on getting rid of it as my mom worked very hard to help me get this horn. Justcwant to know value so my wife will have info in case something should happen to me.

The value of your Selmer trumpet depends on a lot of factors including model, condition, and desirability. Try viewing completed ebay auctions to find a horn like yours to determine what it might sell for.

As for relacquering, since it's been done once already, relacquering again will not reduce its value. Josh Landress in Manhattan is probably your closest nationally-known tech:

Josh will advise you to what your Selmer requires to get it playing and looking as new.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.