Trumpet/Trumpet Value - Super Artist, E.K. Blessing Co. (Elkhart IND.)

Although I attach great sentimental value of my beautiful "brass with pearl keys" trumpet which I inherited from a beloved cousin upon his passing, I would like to know its current economic and/or market value too for "estate" matters.  
My trumpet is a "Super Artist" E.K. Blessing Co. (Elkhart IND.) trumpet; and it's Serial Number is 63572.  Thank you for your time and presenting this opportunity to this special community!

The serial number implies that trumpet (might it be a cornet?) was made in 1954. The Super Artist was the top of the line for Blessing then, and they have their fans. Alas, monetarily, it is not worth a lot. Condition is all, but a selling price would be in the hundreds and not thousands.

Thomas Krueger

I can answer your questions about Buescher trumpets and cornets. I have been playing Buescher for 35 years and collecting for 7.

I first started playing my grandfather's Buescher 400 trumpet in 1975. Since then I have done a lot of research, including original catalogs and advertisements that I own, correspondence with other Buescher owners, and obtaining my own Buescher collection, including six trumpets and three cornets.

I am a technical writer with 15 years experience. I have also been playing trumpet since 1975 and collecting Buescher for the past 7 years.