Trumpet/Bach Stradivarius sn#4584

Question
My fatheer was 1st chair trumpet and Quartermaster of the 3rd Army Band. The above trumpet was his. He bought it new in the 1930's, original aligator case and gator mouthpiece sleeves, brass sheet music attachment, and many of his orchestra mutes by Bach and other Jazz mutes.  Never refinioshed, and in excellent played condition, I have played it, sweetest sounding instrument, which is probably why I waas fist chair in high school, the horn did it!  Any idea of collector value for insurance purposes?

Answer
Al,

I normally don't do "gear" questions but Bach is my baby and I can appreciate your questions.

My advice would be to check the serial number online using google. If then find an appraiser at Bach who can better direct you on the horn. To help them and any insurance you might get on it, take plenty of photos and make sure you get good shots where you can read the bell markings and the serial number.

Good luck in finding information. I'm thinking you have a fairly rare and amazing horn.  

Trumpet

Gene Ramsay